WELCOME! Get all the answers to your questions as well as recommended resources and chicken-keeping related products over at http://www.jenbtv.com/pets/pickin-chickns/
In part 3 of our 7 part series series on raising backyard chickens, JenB shows you all different types of chicken breeds. Whether you want to raise quiet hens, get lots of multicolored eggs or want to choose chickens that lay LOTS of eggs–there’s a chicken breed that’s just perfect for you.
WHY THIS MATTERS:
1) Healthier Eggs: factory farmed chickens that lay store bought eggs are not very healthy, therefore their eggs aren’t either.
2) Greener Living: you can’t get much more local than getting food from your own backyard chicken coop.
3) Avoid Factory Farms: you’ll be taking your support away from some pretty icky factory farming practices by keeping your own backyard chicken flock.
3 SMALL THINGS YOU CAN DO THAT MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE:
1) Keep chickens to increase your health and happiness, and thumb your nose at factory farms
2) Buy eggs from your farmer’s market until you can get chickens of your
3) If you can’t keep chickens right now, tell all your friends that could (especially the ones that live close by.)
Be sure to check out the site and subscribe to our weekly e-mail to never miss an episode and have the chance to win our favorite eco products! http://www.jenbtv.com
LET’S BE FRIENDS
* Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Jenbtv
* Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/JenBoulden
* Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/JenBoulden
* Google+: http://www.google.com/+jenbtv
* Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jenboulden